We’re only 7 years from 2020 and there are some amazing technologies we’ll find in the process of moving forward.
A lot of people made some ambitious predictions for 2020. Being on the safe side, I’ve compiled a list of technologies that we’ll see most probably in 2020 and many of them will be standard in the industry.
This list is based on investments in respected fields and the amount progress in the research.
- Terabyte SSD that will be affordable
- Early days of web 3.0
- Personalized medical diagnostics like genome testing and DNA sequencing
- 3d transistors technology in processors
- Extremely productive industrial 3D printers that will be used in assembly lines
- Implementation of Self Driving Cars
- Brain chips for paralyzed and controlling artificial body parts
- OLED display technology will standard
- AMAZING improvements in robotics that will be used in medical science, military and production automation.
- Commercial space travel (update: Russia just announced $50 billion space program)
- Introduction to quantum computing
- Google glasses and competitors will be in the market
- Complete immersion gaming experience with next gen gaming graphics and products like Oculus Rift
- Next generation Li-ion batteries that will charge 5 times faster and will be at least 3 times cheaper – research ongoing and federal funding is allocated
- Emergence of some killer medical startups
- Big data will be implemented in medical and research areas
- Wireless charging that will be much more practical
- Introduction to effective self-coding AI system
- Photorealism in AAA games. Luminous engine by Square Enix already amazing.
- Fiber Optic internet in most big US cities along with introduction to 5G, thanks to Google Fiber’s efforts
- Extreme progress in graphene’s industrial applications
- Our understanding of human brain will be staggering due to the recent breakthrough at Stanford and federal funding along with blue brain project.
So this is my list of technologies that we’ll see in 2020 most definitely. What are your thoughts on it?
I also believe that entrepreneurs and companies have to get rid of traditional notions and aggressively focus on execution of new technologies. Even if we have next gen tech and its not executed well enough, it won’t benefit any one.
How Do You Create A Lifestyle Based Business With SaaS/Web-Apps?